localhost$ ssh <<remote_host_ip>>
remotehost$ export DISPLAY=:0
localhost$ vinagre <<remote_host_ip>>
Django templates priority order
- First, the
TEMPLATE_DIRS dir setting in
settings.py file of the project enviroment
- Secondly, templates dir into de apps.
- The last one is the propertly app which use this template
In addition templates used by admin gui or any other Django core module can be overwritten in cascade. For example:
these templates are being replaced by the next one in order. That is, you can replace the template for a concrete template for a singular model of a specific application.
socat is a Multipurpose relay (“is a more complex variant of netcat. It is larger and more flexible and has more options that must be configured for a given task” – Wikipedia):
Get it here: socat-220.127.116.11.tar.gz
Examples of use:
socat - TCP4:www.domain.org:80
- transfers data between STDIO (-) and a TCP4 connection to port 80 of host http://www.domain.org. This example results in an interactive connection similar to telnet or netcat. The stdin terminal parameters are not changed, so you may close the relay with ^D or abort it with ^C.
socat - SSL:server:4443,cafile=server.crt,cert=client.pem
- is an OpenSSL client that tries to establish a secure connection to an SSL server. Option cafile specifies a file that contains trust certificates: we trust the server only when it presents one of these certificates and proofs that it owns the related private key. Otherwise the connection is terminated. With cert a file containing the client certificate and the associated private key is specified. This is required in case the server wishes a client authentication; many Internet servers do not.
The first address (‘-‘) can be replaced by almost any other socat address.
socat - UDP4-DATAGRAM:18.104.22.168:6666,bind=:6666,ip-add-membership=22.214.171.124:eth0
- transfers data from stdin to the specified multicast address using UDP. Both local and remote ports are 6666. Tells the interface eth0 to also accept multicast packets of the given group. Multiple hosts on the local network can run this command, so all data sent by any of the hosts will be received by all the other ones. Note that there are many possible reasons for failure, including IP-filters, routing issues, wrong interface selection by the operating system, bridges, or a badly configured switch.
See more examples in www.dest-uconcatenatornreach.org
If you need to disable a site-wide action you can call AdminSite.disable_action().
admin.site.disable_action(‘delete_selected’) (See: Django reference guide)
def get_actions(self, request):
actions = super(ApplicationAdmin, self).get_actions(request)
if 'delete_selected' in actions:
, for a specific ModelAdmin.